Business Insider is hiring a Los Angeles Bureau Chief to take readers inside the business of entertainment and its digital transformation.
This person will build and lead a team whose reporting can rival and surpass industry trades, and strengthen Business Insider’s brand in Hollywood.
We are looking for someone who has a vision for how to create the industry must-read that executives from across the entertainment world will clamor to subscribe to and that reporters will scramble to work for. Recruiting and managing top talent is a must.
The ideal candidate will be excited to make Business Insider a destination for media industry coverage, and also be expected to:
- Hire 5 stars during their first year to tackle the transformation of TV, movies and streaming giants like Netflix and Disney.
- Direct the team to generate consistent original enterprise reporting that other publications need to chase and executives need to read.
- Connect dots and create lots of impact that ripples through Hollywood up to Silicon Valley and gets people talking.
- Be a team player who actively collaborates with Business Insider’s New York headquarters to elevate all media journalism.
- Be the face of Business Insider in LA and host events.
- Launch an engaging weekly newsletter for the Hollywood industry where people can expect smart analysis, breaking news, and our best stories.
- Crack the major streaming companies like Netflix, Amazon Studios, Disney.
To apply, go here.