Business Insider seeks an associate tech editor in London
Business Insider is hiring an associate tech editor to join the London office.
Deputizing for the tech editor, the associate editor will help oversee a growing tech team. They will brainstorm and pitch great story ideas and edit posts for spelling and grammar, structure, flow, style, and factual accuracy. The associate editor’s primary focus will be their editing duties, but they will be able to pursue their own reporting.
This person will have impeccable attention to detail, a digital-first mindset, and the ability to bring out the best in people.
The ideal candidate has:
- Experience covering the tech industry in a fast-paced newsroom
- Proven editing skills, and the ability to work with a mix of story types, from breaking news to enterprise to profiles to slideshows
- Impeccable news judgment
- A self-starter attitude and strong organisational skills
- A natural ability for telling stories in a relatable and compelling way that readers love
- A love of Business Insider and what we do
- Good knowledge of social media and SEO
Insider Inc. is the global digital media organization behind Business Insider, Insider, and an ever-growing family of brands. Insider Inc. tells stories that command attention and inspire action. Insider Inc. equips a curious and action-oriented audience of more than 350 million with the information and inspiration they need to keep the world, and their lives, moving forward. The company started by building the world’s largest digital business news site and has continued to grow and evolve to match the changing passions and interests of its audience. Insider Inc. is home to 50+ content verticals, and we publish 16 global editions in 8 languages.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with a single PDF containing your CV and cover letter explaining why you are the perfect fit for this role. Please also include links to five pieces of work in your cover letter.
To apply, go here.