Business Insider is looking for a tech companies reporter to join our growing tech team.
Our reporting has already uncovered allegations about the workplace environment at Yelp and broken news on high-profile departures from Amazon. This reporter will deepen our coverage of Silicon Valley by diving into some of the most high-profile companies, including Facebook, Apple, Netflix and Google.
The candidate should be able to translate industry jargon into everyday language and make technical concepts relevant to a general business audience, identify the stories that matter and connect them to the broader economic and political context. The role will involve working with our editors to conceptualize, report and write analysis and longer-term feature stories as well as cover breaking news as needed.
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of the tech industry, including the key companies, personalities, products and trends, the competitive landscape, and the nuances of the various business models. They will be a team player who can adapt to a fast-changing news cycle.
The candidate should be someone who is open to feedback and wants to get better every day and will also have many of the following:
- A proven track record of sourcing up inside some of the major tech companies.
- Ability to identify and connect with key sources.
- The passion for going the extra mile to deliver stories for our readers that they can’t find anywhere else.
- Ability to work collaboratively and bring out the best in teammates.
- Creative ideas for stories that approach the beat from a diverse array of angles.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with a single PDF containing your resume/CV and cover letter. If you’re passionate about this role but don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for, apply anyways — we still want to hear from you!
To apply, go here.