Business Insider seeks a markets editor
Business Insider is looking for a full-time editor to help lead the U.S. markets team.
This editor will manage a team of reporters and edit copy for the U.S. desk for our Markets Insider site, a global real-time markets data destination. The site predominantly covers the stock market — bonds, commodities, crypto, currencies, and the global economy are also focus areas.
We are looking for an experienced editor and global markets junkie who has impeccable attention to detail, a digital-first mindset, and the ability to bring out the best in people. The ability to write a great headline is a must.
The ideal candidate has:
- A background in journalism and proven experience working on a fast-moving markets desk or business publication
- Impeccable writing and editing skills
- Experience managing staff and/or freelance writers
- Familiarity fielding pitches, assigning stories, and meeting deadlines in a multi-tasking environment
- A self-starter attitude and strong organizational skills
- The ability to juggle multiple stories while balancing accuracy and speed
- A love of Business Insider and what we do
- A desire to work as part of a global team in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of SEO and social media best practices
This is a full-time role based in New York City. Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
To apply, go here.