Business Insider seeks a finance/markets reporter in London
Business Insider is looking for an awesome reporter for our finance and markets team in London.
If you love to break news and drive major stories forward, then this could be your dream job.
We want someone who can see the bigger picture. They can find the biggest stories about the world’s largest banks and they can interpret key financial data points others may miss.
This position would be perfect for someone who wants to write stories like these:
- ‘Market manipulation 101’: ‘Wolf of Wall Street’-style ‘pump and dump’ scams plague cryptocurrency markets
- A war in cyberspace is already raging and could lead to ‘Armageddon’ for banks
- The story of Britain’s most successful gambler and the secretive company that helps him win
This person will:
- Pitch, develop, and report both spot and in-depth stories about companies, their culture, and their executive leadership.
- Rapidly evaluate and succinctly explain the importance of fast-breaking company news, including executive news and leaks.
- Develop strong sources within the companies and communities.
We will consider candidates at various experience levels. The best candidates will show the following:
- Great clips as a business reporter, including a mix of breaking news and analysis.
- Strong reporting and writing skills.
- An appreciation for Business Insider and what we do well.
- A desire to work as part of a team in a fast-paced startup environment.
Apply here if interested. Please include your CV and a brief cover letter telling us why you are perfect for this role.