Business Insider is seeking a fantastic editor to lead its finance team in London.
If you love to break news and drive major stories forward, then this could be your dream job.
We want someone who can see the bigger picture. They can find the biggest stories about the world’s largest banks and they can interpret key financial data points others may miss.
This position would be perfect for someone who wants to publish stories like these:
- Leaked document from the New York Fed says Barclays was ‘weak’ at preventing rogue traders
- Inside Starlizard: The story of Britain’s most successful gambler and the secretive company that helps him win
- ‘Market manipulation 101’: ‘Wolf of Wall Street’-style ‘pump and dump’ scams plague cryptocurrency markets.
This person will:
- Coordinate with Business Insider’s global finance team on daily news coverage and pre-planned event coverage, such as earnings reports, as well as longer-term features and investigations.
- Pitch, develop, and report inside stories about companies, their culture, and their executive leadership.
- Rapidly evaluate and succinctly explain the importance of fast-breaking company news, including executive news and leaks.
- Develop strong sources within the companies and communities.
- Manage at least two full-time reporters and one full-time intern.
We will consider candidates at various experience levels. The best candidates will show the following:
- Great clips as a business reporter, including a mix of breaking news and analysis.
- Strong reporting and writing skills.
- Experience running a team.
- An appreciation for Business Insider and what we do well.
- A desire to work as part of a team in a fast-paced startup environment.
Apply HERE if interested. Please include your CV and a brief cover letter telling us why you are perfect for this role.