Business Insider seeks a deputy tech editor in New York
Business Insider’s tech team is looking for a deputy tech editor based in New York City to help lead our growing tech team.
The editor will help set the agenda for Business Insider’s entire tech team, and help lead both the East and West Coast writers and editors in creating the industry’s best must-read technology content for our readers.
The editor will be responsible for making sure Business Insider’s tech team is the first to cover the news of the day and also the first to break stories about companies like Amazon, Apple, Google, and more.
The editor will be responsible for assigning daily news coverage and coming up with longer-term projects for the team, whether it’s an investigation, feature story, or series.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Excellent news judgement and a strong ability to quickly frame stories in a clear, conversational way that makes people want to read more.
- 5-10 years experience covering the tech industry or business news.
- 3-5 years editing experience.
- Comfortable covering all things tech related, whether it’s an Apple product launch, a management shake-up at Facebook, or breaking down Amazon’s earnings statement.
- Experience covering business and consumer focused beats.
- Experience leading a team and coaching both experienced and junior reporters.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- A master at spotting trends before they are a story and has their finger on the pulse of tech culture.
- Capable of editing both breaking news stories and longer features.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Goal oriented with strong leadership skills.
- Proven track record of breaking scoops, developing sources, and writing analytical pieces.
- Interest in helping reporters grow and learn new skill sets.
This is a full-time position in New York City. Insider Inc. offers competitive compensation and full benefits packages.
To apply, go here.