Business Insider is hiring a banking reporter to join its finance team to report on the consumer banking industry.
The consumer banking industry is in the midst of a radical transformation. New financial technology upstarts who touch everything from lending to payments to investing are chipping away market share from large Main Street banks. These banks, in turn, are being forced to innovate or face irrelevance from a new generation of millennial customers.
The reporter will cover the consumer businesses of the country’s largest banks, including JPMorgan and Wells Fargo, credit card companies like American Express, and fintechs like Square.
The ideal candidate:
- Has reporting experience and can write on a deadline
- Doesn’t need to have experience covering banks or credit cards, but understands the financial services industry
- Has sources in the financial services industry and/or knows how to cultivate a source network
- Feels comfortable talking to high-level executives
- Is passionate about diving in and producing exclusive stories and deep analysis
- Can break down complicated financial topics and make them interesting to our readers
This is a full-time position based in our New York office. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages, including full benefits.
Created for the digital generation, Business Insider is the largest business news site in the U.S. and one of the fastest-growing news brands in the world. We embrace the themes of positive change and innovation and use fast, fun, and informative storytelling to cover the business, tech, and finance news stories you need to know to work, play and live better.
If you’re interested, please apply with your resume and a cover letter describing why you’re the best fit.