Business Insider is hiring a reporter to cover the business of trading.
This reporter will join our finance team to cover sell-side trading desks at Wall Street banks as well as high-frequency trading firms. We value collaboration, curiosity, and the ability to think outside the box to tell compelling, smart stories.
This reporter will be responsible for uncovering money winners and losers; chronicling the key personalities and up-and-comers shaping the world of trading; and mapping out trends in trading technology and electrification.
This reporter will be comfortable sourcing up with a wide range of industry insiders, and have experience producing agenda-defining beat coverage. They will be a team player with the flexibility to adapt in a fast-paced environment.
Some other skills that would make a candidate successful in this role:
- A track record of breaking news on must-know intel like hires and exits; internal drama and reorganizations; pay and bonuses; and recruiting trends.
- A keen interest in mapping out the power players and rising stars of the world of trading, through both traditional text stories and via graphically-led pieces.
- A history of cultivating sourcing within large, complex organizations, as well as with headhunters, analysts, and other industry-watchers.
- Strong writing skills and the flexibility to produce both competitive scoops and longer analysis stories.
- Creative ideas for stories that can translate complex topics into must-reads for a broader audience.
This position is remote, with the opportunity to be based out of our New York office. Business Insider offers competitive compensation packages complete with benefits.
If this sounds like your dream job, apply here with a single PDF containing your resume/CV and cover letter. Please also include links to five pieces of work in your cover letter. If you’re passionate about this role but don’t have 100% of the experience we’re looking for, apply, we still want to hear from you!
To apply, go here.