Are you a freelance writer looking to write for Business Insider? Have a business- or career-focused pitch idea or experience writing about tech, retail, transportation, media, advertising, healthcare, real estate, or finance companies, leaders, and trends? Meet our team!
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Business Insider is a business site with deep financial, media, tech, and other industry verticals. It pioneered digital-native business news coverage that is real-time, social and mobile at its core.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We’re comprised of the fabulous Lauryn Haas, Nora Biette-Timmons, and Alanis King (and me!). And we source all kinds of stories. We love getting inside the heads of professionals and leaders — how they got their jobs, what their jobs are like day to day, how they think about managing, their industry, and the world around us.
- This can be in the form of an “as told to” — exhibit A (as told to Robin Madell)
- Or a reported story — exhibit B (by Fortesa Latifi)
- We also do trend pieces, digging into how the working world and various industries are growing and changing Read this (by Lisa Rabasca Roepe)
- And this (by Mark Ellwood)
- Most of all, we want to have fun with storytelling while jumping on breaking news topics: See (as told to Jenny PowersBK)
- And (as told to Jamie Killin)
- Also (as told to Elle Hardy)
There’s too much good stuff to share from our impressive roster of writers. We love working with writers of all backgrounds, experience, and expertise in the business world — so hit us up anytime with a pitch.
Our inboxes are almost always a mess, but we promise to respond to pitches we’re really excited about within a few days and try to read everything that comes our way. Best way to grab our attention is a clear headline and “Why should I care about this story/this story now?”
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- Rates start at $300 per article
For more information, visit their website.
Sign up for our newsletter here!