Business First of Louisville seeks photojournalist
Business First, an American City Business Journals online and print news operation in Louisville, Ky., seeks a photojournalist who can tell visual stories for both print and online products while working collaboratively with staff members and the business community.
– Ideal candidate is an experienced news photographer who delivers balanced, well-composed, well-lit, expertly color-corrected photographs;
– Looks for fresh angles and innovative visual presentations;
– Has excellent people skills for working with all types of businesspeople, ranging from top-level executives to entry-level workers;
– Is self-motivated and has outstanding organizational skills in order to manage multiple assignments at one time;
– Is driven by his/her curiosity as much as breaking news.
– Leads photography and video efforts for Louisville Business First, which publishes daily online reports, slideshows and videos, a weekly print edition and more than a dozen special publications;
– Manages photo processing flow across all formats, which involves communicating with news staff members on assignments, scheduling and shooting assignments, editing and color-correcting shoots, writing cutlines, filing and/or posting finished images;
– Works with the design and multimedia editor in championing new storytelling formats;
– Participates in daily and weekly news meetings and any other planning sessions as required or requested by editors;
– Works collaboratively with editors, reporters and designers;
– Works closely with editors and designers to produce compelling visual packages;
– Trains reporters and newsroom staff on digital photography;
– Attends and photographs Louisville Business First events;
– Meets deadlines;
– Continues to learn and expand upon his/her skill set.
Please send a link to samples of your work, a resume, salary expectation, and a cover letter detailing why you’re a good fit for the photojournalist position to Business First design and multimedia editor Brooke Timmons at firstname.lastname@example.org (Please put “PHOTOJOURNALIST RESUME” in the e-mail subject line.) Or mail your information to 455 S. Fourth St., Suite 278, Louisville, KY 40202. No phone calls, please.