Buffalo Business First seeks a Projects Editor to manage several annual special publications, compile the high-profile weekly Lists and the Book of Lists that rank Western New York businesses and report on business trends.
This person MUST have a meticulous eye for detail, be aggressive about finding and reporting on data and have amazing time management and customer service skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience reporting
Experience: Three years as a journalist with a track record of reporting on business data preferred
- Strong news judgment, news analysis and news writing skills; computer data-management applications; and proven ability to work with databases and spreadsheets to find patterns and stories.
- Accuracy, a fierce attention to detail, an ability to stay on schedule
- Ability to learn new computer systems easily; experience with Excel preferred
- Produce comprehensive weekly Lists by researching and analyzing data collected from surveys, regulatory agencies and other sources to determine the trends affecting Buffalo businesses. These Lists provide a wealth of business intelligence relied upon by readers.
- Generate regular stories, including cover packages, and data-driven projects that explain and magnify interesting trends, providing insight and actionable business intelligence.
- Manage several nomination-based awards programs, the annual Book of Lists, industry-specific Who’s Who listings and other special projects as needed.
- Attend and participate in editorial staff meetings and Buffalo Business First events.
Additional Job Information
The well-being of our employees is paramount. For that reason, ACBJ offers a variety of rich and competitive benefits including bundled health, dental and vision plans designed to meet our employees’ needs. We also provide programs to support mental health and wellness and a generous time-off policy in support of taking the time needed to recharge.
To apply, go here.