We are looking for a creative Copywriter to write clear and concise copy for ads, publications and websites. Your words will inform and engage target audiences. Our ideal candidate is a team-spirited, skilled and imaginative writer with an eye for detail. If you can grasp project requirements quickly and offer valuable insight, we’d like to meet you.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Bruin Fan Alliance is here to galvanize this passion and embrace diverse thinking. The Alliance enriches the overall athletics experience by positioning itself as the anchor that grounds UCLA alumni and fans with both the administration and current student body. By fostering open-mindedness, compassion, and inclusiveness, the Alliance will create an environment that nurtures growth and development. The Alliance will provide a former student athlete mentorship platform. As UCLA student athletes pivot toward life after competitive sports, the Alliance will introduce successful UCLA alumni in the community with former student athletes for mentorship and counsel.
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages)
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
- Source images and other content
- Proven experience as a copywriter or related role
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong research skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills
- BSc/BA in marketing, English, journalism or related field (not required)
- Copywriters: 1 year (Preferred)
- Marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Copywriting: 1 year (Preferred)
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN SUBMISSION
- Write a short introduction about yourself
- Include a paragraph highlighting your writing experience, relevant credentials and publication credits
- Attach links to your strongest work or portfolio, and online profile.
- Up to $30 an hour
For more information, visit their website.