The Boulder (Colo.) Daily Camera newspaper is looking for an experienced journalist who specializes in city government reporting to serve as Boulder city beat reporter. This reporter covers Boulder City Council, city government and all matters of community interest.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned journalist with a minimum of three years of experience as a city government reporter, is a master of AP style, and is capable of cultivating a strong audience, both online and in the community.
The ideal candidate is a strong storyteller who can quickly grasp the meaning of government jargon and the importance of a council decision or a discussion on the dais, then turn around accurate, easy-to-understand news articles with the public’s interest in mind.
The ideal candidate will develop a social media presence as the go-to person for news about Boulder’s council and government, both in daily and enterprise story format.
Candidates should be well-versed in search-engine optimization and will be able to cultivate fresh ideas to bring to the Daily Camera and its sister newspapers.
What you will bring:
- Degree in journalism, communication or equivalent experience
- Relevant experience in news reporting and writing, using social media, creating enterprising content
- Ability to work well under deadline pressure
- Understanding of emerging and existing platforms, including web, mobile and print
- Readiness to hit the ground running, and to contribute to a positive culture of teamwork and collaboration
For further details click here.