The Assistant Digital Editor is a multifaceted journalist who maintains Globe Opinion’s presence on digital platforms and works to ensure our content is reaching as broad an audience as possible. This will entail handling a range of tasks across multiple platforms, coordinating with other editors, and developing audience engagement strategies for the section. This editor should have skills in writing and editing copy, producing content for the web, analyzing audience data, and working collaboratively with multiple editors, writers, and other teams.
- Make sure that pieces are ready for digital publication and that editors and columnists are writing strong headlines and URLs for search purposes.
- Work with the homepage and social media editors to ensure that pieces are published at the optimal time and given effective promotion on social channels as well as through devices like push alerts.
- Coordinate workflow on large projects that require complex design work and involve multiple editors and desks. Coordinate preparation of multimedia and social media content for those projects.
- Analyze daily and monthly audience data to help us understand what is working and what can be improved in our strategies for social media, newsletters, and SEO.
- Work with the editorial page editor and columnists to oversee production and promotion of Opinion newsletters. Assist in launching new ones.
- Advise the editorial page editor on broad audience engagement strategy and best practices.
The Assistant Digital Editor is expected to produce work that is distinctly different from anyone else in the building, blending a variety of journalistic, production and digital skills during the course of a shift to produce robust, engaging, and timely digital content for the Globe.
For further details click here.