Boston.com is seeking a Weekend Sports Producer who will help to drive coverage in line with our core editorial mission: What Boston really cares about right now.
The producer will work from 3-11 p.m. every Friday and Saturday, and there also is a chance to contribute to other major events and/or fill in as needed. This is a freelance, work-remote position.
- Monitor what’s happening in Boston sports and write stories or repackage wire content around the Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics, as well as major national sports stories.
- Manage platforms such as the homepage, push alerts, newsletters, and social media.
- Edit work from staff writers and other producers.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field.
- 2 years spent writing and/or editing, preferably focused on the Boston region.
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
For further information click here.