Boston Biz Journal seeks a digital producer
The Boston Business Journal is looking for a Digital Producer to manage and build the online, social and mobile presence of one of the region’s strongest business news organizations.
The Digital Producer is responsible for the day-to-day management of all online content, and development and execution of the online content strategy across all platforms and products. In addition to working with staff- and user-generated content, the Digital Producer is expected to curate, report and write posts as well as assist with and produce interactive features, galleries and video. The result should be a rich and vibrant digital experience that serves the Business Journal audience, generates user feedback and inspires robust community interaction.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a newsroom that values scoops and exclusives above all else, and knows its audience and market exceptionally well. The right person will know how to exploit those attributes to broaden the reach of Business Journal content, its staff and its products, contributing his or her own excellent content as part of the mix. In addition, the role calls for a digital native who is equally adept at using the essential tools of content delivery and audience engagement, and helping reporters and editors learn to embrace and use them, as well.
Must be at ease interacting and collaborating with our audience and event development teams.
• Solid news judgment
• Good reporting and writing skills
• A desire to work collaboratively
• Familiarity with SEO and interest in understanding/interpreting site traffic/engagement metrics
• An ability to balance high standards for content quality with ambitious traffic/engagement objectives.
• Reporting experience (business reporting experience preferred)
• Exceptional news judgment
• A firm belief in the power of social media
• Strong headline writing and copy-editing skills
• Multimedia interest and acumen — video and audio, especially — is critical. The ability to create simple infographics a plus.
• Demonstrated use of databases to build interactive elements and features
• Comfortable working in a content management system
One to three years minimum as a reporter or editor in a digital-first newsroom
Digital content management experience a plus
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Doug Banks, executive editor Boston Business Journal, firstname.lastname@example.org