BostInno seeks reporter
The BostInno writer gets to the center of the local ecosystem of people, startups, innovative companies and venture capital firms. Our writers dig up business intelligence, tell stories and distill ideas that change industries, improve people’s lives and build an audience.
Most importantly, our writers build authority for our brands making them trusted sources on the communities we cover with a unique voice that resonates locally.
A BostInno writer:
- Writes with authority and voice on the subject(s) he/she is covering in a fresh and engaging way resonating with a young professional audience.
- Thinks creatively, developing original stories that increase our readership and improve our reputation.
- Communicates well internally ensuring the Inno editorial team is always up to date.
- Connects with people, cultivating relationships with sources who provide inside information and perspective.
- Earns readers’ trust with accuracy, timeliness and creativity.
- Understands the power of social media and is capable of using it to maximum benefit.
- Engages readers on all relevant media, including email, video and photo, and is eager to experiment with new media as they arise.
Success in these efforts is measured using three KPIs:
- Individual contribution to readership growth and authority: managers will set individual goals that are both quantitative and qualitative in nature.
- Collective goals for other media, including growth and engagement goals in social media, video and email.
- Original stories.
About the Company:
Streetwise Media, parent company to BostInno, was founded by a group of young tech entrepreneurs, frustrated that they weren’t getting any ink from the established tech press. They started BostInno in 2009 in Boston to cover the fast-growing community of young, first-time entrepreneurs coming out of the college scene there. The company opened DC Inno in 2012 and in the same year was acquired by American City Business Journals, a division of Advance Communications that operates business publications in 43 U.S. markets. Since then, we have opened new publications in Chicago (2014) and Austin, Texas (2015).
To apply, send clips, resume and a cover letter to Will Flanagan at firstname.lastname@example.org.