MLive seeks biz reporter in Ann Arbor
MLive seeks a business reporter to be based in Ann Arbor, Mich.
The reporter’s main assignment will be covering the business beat, which will require news, investigative and feature reporting. The Reporter will act as a statewide expert and discussion leader on high-value topics, meeting audience demand for immediacy, depth and engagement.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Degree in Journalism or Communications or related field required
• Minimum of 5 years of journalism experience with a proven ability in reporting and writing required
• Proven experience building, maintaining and engaging an active audience
• Ability to work independently under deadline pressure and prioritize tasks appropriately
• Demonstrated reporting, writing and organizational skills
• Solid understanding of news writing, journalistic ethics and story structure
• Experience with search engine optimization practices
• Experience with using social media to source and promote content a plus
• Demonstrated capability in capitalizing on high-value topics by engaging audiences in frequency and urgency
• Understanding of the methods and tools used to deliver content across a variety of platforms such as Moveable Type CMS, SCC Budgeting and Archiving System, Smartphones
• Understanding imperatives of multiple platforms – print, mobile, Internet, etc.
• Mastery of social media and digital interaction
• Proven ability to utilize a broad set of tools to tell stories and engage the audience
• Ability to leverage relationships with sources to deliver content that differentiates the organization from competitors
• Ability to work independently and remotely
To apply, go here.