We are seeking an experienced reporter to join The Bond Buyer team, covering U.S. infrastructure policy and national trends in infrastructure financing. The ideal candidate will have experience covering both finance and government and at least a working knowledge of the U.S. municipal bond market. Essential skills include an ability to break news as well as write longer analytical and feature stories on the most important trends regarding American infrastructure.
- Report and break news on a tight deadline.
- Research and write at least one news article a day.
- Research and write two features per department per month
- Develop ongoing coverage of infrastructure policy and financing trends.
- Cultivate sources and generate enterprise story ideas.
- Work closely with editors and other colleagues in multiple coverage areas.
- When necessary, copy edit and proof content, including freelance, contributed and staff-written articles.
- Attend industry conferences as needed.
Reporters for The Bond Buyer are expected to contribute to and participate in all channels and platforms in which we engage our readers. Those activities include:
- Create social media posts on a daily basis.
- Participate in digital media, including podcasts, web seminars, video interviews, and so on.
- Participate in live and virtual events hosted by The Bond Buyer and other Arizent brands.
- Represent The Bond Buyer in other media, industry events, and other public contexts.
Preferred candidates will have the following attributes:
- A passion for business reporting. Candidates with demonstrated experience covering municipal, finance, the bond market, or the financial services industries will be advantaged.
- 2-5 years of experience in reporting, preferably in a breaking news environment
- Ability to write with clarity, insight, and depth in a timely manner
- A track record of working well under tight deadlines
- A sharp eye for what makes a compelling news story
- A strong understanding of how to generate scoops
- Proficiency in all the tools of a digital newsroom (CMS, audio and video recording and editing, digital photography and editing, data analysis)
- Experience and confidence participating in digital media and other public forums
- College degree in journalism, English, or a related field
To apply, go here.