Bloomberg Television and Radio is seeking a highly motivated field producer to join our Dubai bureau.
The successful applicant will be passionate about storytelling, able to capture the drama of politics while cutting through to the implications of policy for our global audience of investors. A fascination about business, finance and the economy is vital and you’ll have exceptional organizational and communication skills to help direct our newsgathering. You’ll need a breadth of experience of TV production from outside broadcasts to cutting video and preparing graphics. The role requires a willingness to work early morning and evening shifts, as well as the flexibility to travel.
We’ll trust you to:
- Field produce at news events in Dubai and across the Middle East region as needed, managing logistics, producing live reporter hits and communicating with the relevant news desk and live shows
- Assist and direct talent during live and taped radio programming
- Provide editorial guidance on events in the region and take on planning responsibilities as needed
- Book newsmakers, producing live and prerecorded in-field or studio as required
- Produce content for live hits including managing the edits of pre-recorded interviews
- Research and arrange access to live feeds from external sources
- Communicate with global editorial, production staff, on-air talent and colleagues from across Bloomberg’s media platforms to ensure we maximize the impact of our content around the world
You’ll need to have:
- 3+ years of relevant broadcast production experience
- Strong writing and edit supervising skills and the ability to creatively use video and graphics
- Flexibility with hours is essential
- A professional attitude that is highly collaborative and creative
- A willingness to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Previous financial journalism experience is preferred
- Local language experience is advantageous
To apply, go here.