Bloomberg TV/Radio seeks a political news director
Bloomberg TV and Radio has a rare opportunity for a Political News Director to join its 24/7 global news network based out of our spectacular Washington, D.C. office.
Candidates should have extensive leadership experience managing government and political news, talent, production teams, and a unique skill for on-air contributions. This person will have extensive sourcing in the Washington DC and political arenas. Our Political News Director will assist with coverage planning, guest booking, and overall news direction. Finally, candidates should have the willingness to unite teams in different geographic locations across the globe to cover stories with one voice to best serve multiple platforms.
We’ll trust you to:
- Manage and direct political news coverage across Bloomberg Television and Radio that bring business and politics into focus for the Bloomberg audience
- Unify and harness newsroom resources across the globe to deliver well-told, balanced political/business stories to Bloomberg
- Contribute on-air across our platforms to help tell important details of breaking political and government news
- Network across the Washington D.C. area keeping a pulse on the news events of the moment while working to attract top newsmaker interviews to Bloomberg
- Raise the profile of Bloomberg Media on Capitol Hill and beyond making it a must-see for news makers in global government
- Build a strong internal communication network between platforms that shares news planning strategies, production elements and guest booking statuses to magnify story telling with one balanced voice
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of mid-major market TV/radio experience
- Strong and balanced government/political news judgment
- TV/Radio management skills supervising talent and production staffs
- On-air ability in reporting, hosting and analysis role
We’d love to see:
- A passion for politics
To apply, go here.