Bloomberg seeks reporter to cover Canadian economy
The Bloomberg Ottawa bureau is seeking a reporter to drive our coverage of the Canadian economy and economic policy.
The successful candidate should have a strong understanding of economies and how they are driven by central banks, governments, investors and industry. They will need to write fast, accurate and contextual coverage of economic data and the Bank of Canada.
They will also be required to tackle stories at the intersection of money and power and have a willingness to dig into complex trade, financial, budgetary, legislative and other policy matters.
Since Ottawa is a Group of Seven capital and the Canadian economy is intricately linked with the rest of the world, the job will entail working on global stories and establishing relationships with counterparts across the world.
The job requires someone who enjoys working under pressure, collaborating and producing inventive work — with an ability to break news and develop sources.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in journalism
- Ability to file headlines in a fast-paced, breaking news environment and make sound news decisions quickly
- Ability to generate original story ideas and see them through
- Knowledge of French is an advantage
To apply, go here.