Bloomberg News is seeking an experienced editor in its Tokyo office to join its Asia Government Team.
The successful candidate will cover Asian government news, ranging from elections to profiling influential politicians to stories about corruption, democratic evolution and geopolitical tensions in the region.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience covering the beat at a major newspaper or news service.
Candidates should be accustomed to producing clear and comprehensive enterprise pieces, have a record of breaking important stories, and be able to edit spot news under real-time deadline pressure. The successful applicant is expected to have the proven ability to make snap decisions about stories that would appear on TOP, Bloomberg’s front page. The editor will also be expected to serve as a mentor and coach to reporters and be comfortable working within a team environment.
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
– Prior experience editing stories
– Minimum of 3 years of experience covering the beat at major newspaper or news service
– Ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
– Fluency in English is a must, any additional Asian Languages is an asset
To apply, go here.