America’s nearly $15 trillion Treasury market is at the forefront of shifting Federal Reserve policies and expansionary fiscal policies. If you’re fascinated by the vagaries of the world’s biggest bond market, the ever flattening yield curve and you can provide perspective and lead coverage on a wealth of topics in the fixed income space, then we’re looking for you to join our FX/Rates team in New York.
We’ll rely on you to:
- Tap a broad network of market participants in fixed income markets to seek reaction to breaking news and build stories that explain market activity or analyze trends
- Generate and craft concise, on-the-spot stories, capturing the elements of both “what’s happening” and “what it means,” as well as longer analytical pieces particularly in the context of macroeconomic and political developments and monetary and fiscal policy
- Identify and interpret broader trends in U.S. Treasuries but also corporate bond and mortgage markets, drawing upon expertise from reporters across teams and helping generate broader, thematic stories
You’ll need to have:
- Strong writing skills and ability to make new contacts and develop sources
- Broad contacts in the fixed income buyside and sell-side community
- Experience reporting on markets in general or in a comparable industry role (strategist/analyst/trader)
- Knowledge of Bloomberg functions and charting skills
- Market-specific knowledge and ability to immediately discern actionable information from breaking news
To apply, go here.