Bloomberg seeks European tech, media and telecom reporter
Bloomberg News is seeking an ambitious, experienced and self-motivated reporter to cover European technology, media and telecoms from Brussels. We are looking for someone who can break news on a broad range of related topics, including policy shifts in Brussels and beyond, the impact of regulation on the TMT industry and ways that technology is changing culture and the competitive landscape. The ideal candidate will use Brussels as a perch from which to observe tech and policy across Europe.
We’ll depend on you to generate scoops on the important topics our readers care about, while collaborating with colleagues across the world and putting your exclusive stories in a global context. You’ll not only need to be well sourced in Brussels, but also break news on how tech companies are wrangling with lawmakers across Europe.
You’ll need to prioritize accuracy and attention to detail, and have the ability to quickly expand your contact base as you seek to beat rivals to scoops. You should be a newshound by nature who thrives on a competitive, high-profile beat, and you’ll need the versatility to contribute to the range of Bloomberg’s media platforms — including the real-time news service, Bloomberg Businessweek magazine, podcasts and broadcast media.
We’ll trust you to:
- Build up a wide network of contacts to help you break the biggest TMT scoops
- Deliver accurate, market-moving stories based on reliable sourcing
- Generate intriguing analysis and feature stories
- Work well in a team environment, collaborating with reporters across the TMT team and other parts of the newsroom
You’ll need to have:
- Financial reporting experience, preferably covering the TMT sector
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to work steadily and calmly under pressure
- A collaborative spirit and the drive to innovate and experiment
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match! We’ll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
To apply, go here.