Bloomberg News is looking for an experienced, self-starting wordsmith to join our Technology, Media and Telecom team in Europe as an editor.
We’re seeking someone with excellent writing skills, strong news judgement and a solid understanding of the tech industry and its role in the global economy, geopolitics and transforming industries. A successful candidate knows how to collaborate, performs well under pressure, switches gears quickly and is passionate about the beat.
You will help us with coverage of all major breaking tech news in the European morning, working with colleagues to ensure a seamless handoff from one region to the next and infuse the biggest stories with a global perspective. When off deadline, you will inspire our team to produce longer-form, maximum-impact enterprise that effects change and drives the most important conversations in the tech world.
We’ll ask you to:
- Work closely with reporters to develop, shape and refine their stories
- Move quickly and with a sense of urgency amid big breaking news cycles and help our reporters write with sweep and context
- Foster collaboration on a team that stretches from London and Paris to Johannesburg and Tel Aviv
- Coordinate with other parts of the newsroom and with tech reporters and editors worldwide to ensure the best stories get the attention they deserve and that our coverage is cohesive
You’ll need to have:
- Outstanding news judgement and strong editing skills
- An ability to think creatively about story presentation, formats and work with different platforms
- A proven track record of mentoring, coaching and advocating for reporters and their work
- A strong work ethic and solid organizational skills
- A solid understanding of the tech industry and EMEA languages is a plus
To apply, go here.