Bloomberg is seeking experienced editors to work with reporters and analysts to produce high-quality stories, reports, analyses and white papers.
This editor will be responsible for helping to conceive and shepherd stories that focus on the business and economic implications of government actions. This editor will train, coach and develop reporters and analysts while working across a broad range of subject matters.
The ideal candidate should have proven experience in business or government journalism, such as for a financial newspaper or real-time news service, and be able to produce clear, concise, and accurate copy under deadline pressure. This editor will work well with other editors, reporters and analysts, and be able to understand and analyze government and industry data.
Additional responsibilities include:
– Coordinating and executing coverage with other editors and team leaders
– Developing story ideas and working with reporters and analysts to deliver them
– Training and teaching reporters and analysts with varied experience levels
– Mastering various subject matters from a legislative, regulatory and government spending perspective
Qualifications & Experience:
– Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
– Proven experience in business or government journalism as an editor
– Proven experience and track record of success as a story editor
– Ability to manage and supervise a team is a plus
– Experience working in a real-time news environment is required
– Deep knowledge of legislation, regulation and government spending
– Experience covering both government and business
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
– Ability to deliver information accurately in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to think quickly to provide insights and perspective into industry reports
– Demonstrable attention to detail and organizational skills
– An entrepreneurial approach to the job
– A good communicator, collaborator and team player
– Knowledge of the government, economy, financial markets and industry
To apply, go here.