Bloomberg seeks data journalist to create graphics
Bloomberg is seeking a talented and motivated data journalist to create graphics on breaking news. The journalist will work closely with award-winning writers, editors, designers, analysts, and coders to create graphic stories under deadline.
The position is part of the Bloomberg Graphics team and will afford the opportunity to collaborate with other team members on the team’s longer-term projects and to pitch their own ideas for projects as well.
Strong reporting, research, analytical, and time-management skills are critical. This data journalist will respond to news by quickly researching data, distilling it into insightful information, and creating static and interactive graphics. A passion for journalism, data, and design is essential, as is a solid understanding of digital tools, trends, and infrastructure.
Please include a link to your online portfolio in your resume. Your application will not be considered without a portfolio.
– Bachelor’s or advanced degree in journalism or related discipline a plus
– 2+ years of experience working in journalism preferably for a digital property
– 2+ years of experience creating multimedia infographics
– Knowledge of data visualization and UI design
– Expertise in standard design tools (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
– Ability to work on multiple projects and manage priorities and deadlines
To apply, go here.