Bloomberg seeks credit reporter in Tokyo
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features.
We are looking for a reporter in Tokyo who will cover Japan’s credit markets, following the most interesting stories from primary issuance to secondary-market trading and beyond. Working with colleagues who write for our Japanese-language service, you will break news on significant corporate funding plans in bond and loan markets as well as on broader trends in borrowing and the cost of money in the region. You will also leverage sources to write about credit market developments from an investor’s perspective. Through interviews with corporate executives, underwriters, traders, fund managers and policy makers, you will provide readers with insights into the business of debt. You will develop sources and stories and write authoritatively about the market for specialists and general readers.
We’ll trust you to:
- Contribute to our coverage of credit through both short- and long-form stories
- Recognize and work on big theme stories and ideas
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the newsroom
- Be able to write and present information across multiple formats
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Previous financial journalism experience, including stints in a real-time breaking news environment, ideally covering credit markets in Japan or a relevant related beat
- Proven ability to make and build sources in financial markets
- A track record of team work and collaboration
- Excellent written and spoken English skills, and be comfortable communicating with colleagues and contacts in Japanese
To apply, go here.