Bloomberg seeks Argentine economy/government reporter
Bloomberg is one of the biggest and most influential news organizations in the world. Our award winning Latin America economy/government team prides itself on finding and writing the most relevant and surprising stories that help readers better understand one of the globe’s most volatile regions. We are seeking a sharp, ambitious and creative reporter to join our Buenos Aires bureau to cover Argentina’s economy and government.
You are an experienced reporter, with excellent writing skills, a voracious appetite for news, an eye for a good story that has yet to be written and possess a can-do attitude that thrives on challenging environments. You pay attention to detail, work well under tight deadlines but can also step back and help craft long-form and investigative narratives. You are at ease telling your stories on several platforms, whether it’s breaking news for a professional audience, producing a quick blog, joining a podcast, being interviewed on TV or writing a magazine feature.
We’ll trust you to:
- Cover South America’s second-largest economy as it emerges from 15 years of global financial and diplomatic isolation.
- Collaborate with other reporters and editors in multiple locations over the course of reporting and writing your stories all the way to publication.
- Coordinate news-gathering process to bring together experts and policy makers with the aim of breaking news on Argentina’s presidency and cabinet, central bank, economy and treasury ministries, as well as government finances.
- Plan ahead for news events and contribute to an editorial calendar shared throughout the news organization.
- Be committed to the best journalist practices, sound judgment and willingness to learn. Original perspective and sense of humor are also welcome.
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of three years experience reporting preferably on business news.- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Fluency in written/spoken English, Spanish.
- Ability to write quickly and concisely on deadline.
- An interest in the economy, finance and ever changing political landscape of Argentina and Latin America.
If this sounds like you: Apply. If we think you’re a good match, we’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
To apply, go here.