Bloomberg seeks an economics reporter in London
Bloomberg is looking for a reporter to join the UK economics team in London. This is a chance to cover one of the world’s largest economies sitting at the heart of global geopolitics, international investment, commodities and the energy transition. It’s also a country going through an unprecedented transformation after Brexit and the pandemic.
We’re looking for a self-starting reporter who can break news across the economy, covering the Bank of England and digging into economic statistics. We want someone who can generate stories both about policy makers and what’s happening in the real economy, linking that with views from investors and analysts.
The work involves both supplying string for stories the team builds on the fly to feed Bloomberg’s global audience.
We’ll trust you to:
- Break news and write enterprise stories that help our readers understand the complexities of the UK economy
- Collaborate enthusiastically with colleagues including our Westminster team to cover key chase scoops and write memorable stories where politics and policy shape economic outcomes
- Be willing to work with a range of Bloomberg platforms, including the website, radio, TV, Quicktake, CityLab and Businessweek
You’ll need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent source development and interviewing skills
- An ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately about complex topics under tight deadline pressure
- Drive to gather quotes and anecdotes quickly and the ability to write what you’ve learned into a coherent narrative
- Flexibility with hours and assignments
To apply, go here.