We are looking for a highly talented, deeply experienced reporter to cover U.S. agriculture and the broader food supply chain from Bloomberg News’s Chicago bureau. This is an opportunity to break news and write features about some of the world’s most important commodities markets and chronicle the impact of American agribusiness on consumers of food around the world. The beat will include everything from breaking news on U.S.-China trade relations to reporting on some of the world’s largest commodities trading houses.
You will be expected to work with colleagues around to world and collaborate across all of our platforms — including Bloomberg TV, Radio, Quicktake and Live, Bloomberg Businessweek, Markets and Pursuits magazines, Bloomberg Green and our podcast team — to weave our coverage into a broad, global narrative about how the world produces and consumes food from the farm to the dinner table.
We’ll trust you to:
- Break market-moving news
- Write compelling, insightful and thought-provoking features that add value
- Work with other teams, bureaus and platforms globally
- Talk about your coverage on Bloomberg TV, Radio and Quicktake and develop features and projects that work in both print and non-print formats
- Mentor agricultural commodities reporters worldwide
You’ll need to have:
- Extensive experience reporting on commodity markets, preferably agricultural markets
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under real-time, deadline pressure
- A proven track-record of developing and maintaining high-level sources
- Strong writing skills
To apply, go here.