Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It’s what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
Our Asia Credit reporting team is looking for a reporter to help expand its coverage of the $1.3 trillion private credit market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Private credit’s outstanding growth is about to face its biggest test yet as ambitious rate hikes from the Federal Reserve to combat inflation risk toppling the economy into a recession, leaving highly levered companies particularly exposed. Bloomberg News wants to lead the story of what comes next.
You will be responsible for breaking news on one of Wall Street’s most opaque corners, delving into the deals, the firms and the people that are rewriting the rules of corporate debt financing. You desire to bring more transparency to the industry by passionately chasing deals and encouraging relationships with a close-knit group of financiers who can make or break multi-billion dollar acquisitions as well as the institutions that are investing with them. You also are experienced covering M&A or capital markets, a track record of delivering scoops on their beat and a good understanding of corporate capital structures and deal financing. Candidates with a broad base of contacts across the financial services industry, particularly in private credit and leveraged finance, would be strongly preferred. You will also find opportunities to tell the market’s most important stories across Bloomberg’s growing number of platforms, including Bloomberg TV and Radio, Bloomberg’s Markets and Businessweek magazines as well as in podcasts, on QuickTake and in working with our data visualization team.
We’ll trust you to:
- Support the team in breaking news on deals across the private credit industry while spotting new trends and connecting the dots to craft insightful, agenda-setting enterprise stories
- Use your contacts among bankers, private credit managers, consultants and investors to help Bloomberg chronicle the growth of private credit as an asset class and its impact
- Collaborate with colleagues across teams, bureaus and countries to break news and deliver a global perspective to our audience
- Be innovative and think creatively about ways to make our content accessible to a diverse audience of business-savvy readers
- You’ll need to have:
- At least 3 years of recent financial journalism experience
- Experience in a real-time news environment
- Experience covering credit as a reporter
- Ability to write quickly and clearly under pressure
- Ability to spot trends, find holes in stories and work with reporters to deliver impactful news to our readers
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
To apply, go here.