The Bloomberg Washington bureau is looking for an experienced, dynamic editor to lead our coverage of the 2020 presidential campaign. This promises to be an extraordinary race, and we need a high-energy, hands-on Team Leader to steer our coverage and deliver the stories Bloomberg readers need.
We place a high premium on scoops, along with stories that dig in to the candidates’ policy proposals for incisive, informative enterprise and explanatory pieces.
“Horse race” coverage will be kept to a minimum. The ideal individual for this role has run presidential campaign coverage before. If you show aptitude at getting the best out of a far-flung team in fast-moving situations, all while fostering a spirit of teamwork, you will thrive in this job.
The politics team will produce a mix of scoops and enterprise, and you must be adept at both the story-formulation stage and the pencil-editing stage. Enterprise must be sharp, well-written and insightful, and scoops must illuminate the hidden corners of the campaign with speed and edge.
You must have:
- Have at least 5 years of experience editing, preferably in Washington
- Know that speed is essential in a competitive wire-service atmosphere
- Know how to work closely with reporters and collaborate with other teams to achieve the best work
- Set out a vision for how to attack this multi-faceted campaign — what to cover, and what not to cover — and then execute it
- Be conversant with various storytelling techniques, including Data Visualization, to explain complex topics to the audience
- Be comfortable in a collaborative, dynamic, fast-moving newsroom where news can break at any time, including nights and weekends
To apply, go here.