Bloomberg News is the biggest financial and business news organization in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It’s what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
What is the role?
We are looking for a driven and creative podcast producer to join our team and help grow our award-winning slate of narrative and interview podcasts. You will lead one existing weekly interview podcast as well as one to two limited-run narrative miniseries per year. In this role, you would also work in collaboration with our audio team and alongside reporters and editors in Bloomberg’s wider newsroom. You would also have a hand in all aspects of production, from recording and booking interviews to pitching episode ideas and scripting, to audio editing.
We will trust you to:
- Handle pre- and post-production, including engineering and recording hosts and guests from remote locations
- Work with our journalists to develop ambitious show ideas and translate them to an audio format
- Edit and refine outlines, scripts and long-range story arcs for narrative shows
- Embark on field recordings that produce broadcast-quality audio whenever possible
- Contribute to team meetings and provide peer feedback in edits and table reads
- Publish completed shows and accompanying metadata and web content
You will need to have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in audio editing or production
- Experience in digital storytelling with an emphasis on podcasts
- Experience with Adobe Audition or ProTools to edit segments and create podcasts
- A drive to help elevate and expand Bloomberg’s podcast ambitions
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
We’d also like to see:
- Self-starting individual as the role will be a stand-alone in Asia
- A keen interest in Bloomberg’s globe-spanning journalism
To apply, go here.