Bloomberg seeks a metals and mining reporter in New York
Bloomberg News is looking for an experienced reporter to join its metals and mining team in New York. This position will involve reporting on physical metal markets in the Americas as well as global futures and derivatives.
You will have experience of analyzing metal markets globally, with in-depth knowledge of the dynamics of global supply and demand. You must have deep and broad contacts in the trading community as well as with the largest producers and consumers of copper, zinc, aluminum, nickel, lead and tin and be able to write for that audience.
You will be responsible for breaking market-moving news on supply, demand and prices as well as crafting compelling narratives that explain the significance of granular market news to a global audience.
You are an experienced reporter with excellent writing skills, an eye for a good story and a can-do attitude. You pay attention to detail and work well under tight deadlines. You are at ease telling your stories on several platforms, whether it’s breaking news for a professional audience, a blog post or being interviewed on TV.
We’ll trust you to:
- Cover metals trading, including price trends on the Comex and LME, premiums and scrap discounts
- Build stories based on arbitrage opportunities and signs of tightness or glut that appeal to a general audience
- Analyze fund flows to write compelling stories on investor appetite for metals
- Collaborate with other reporters and editors around the world
- Plan ahead for news events
- Be committed to the best journalist practices, sound judgment and willingness to learn.
You’ll need to have:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in reporting on base metal markets
- Knowledge of how commodity markets function
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Ability to write quickly and concisely on deadline
- Ability to work with data
We’d love to see:
- Experience of working on data journalism
To apply, go here.