Bloomberg seeks a distressed debt editor
Bloomberg News is seeking an editor for our Corporate Finance team in New York to help us cover the most financially troubled companies in the Americas, the ones saddled with distressed debt and bankruptcies.
The field includes some of the biggest household names, and a roster that’s likely to grow, after an unprecedented wave of borrowing. As an editor in this fast-paced group, you’ll be expected to help lead coverage, develop stories and work with a talented group of reporters eager to break news.
We’ll trust you to:
- Edit breaking news on the biggest distressed companies in North America
- Move fast to develop stories that can be published across a wide range of news platforms and audiences
- Guide reporters on writing high-impact, agenda-setting features and enterprise stories
- Collaborate with colleagues across our more than 120 bureaus globally.
You’ll need to have:
- A minimum of three years of editing experience in business journalism, preferably with a focus on credit markets or corporate finance. Editing or reporting experience with business litigation, distressed debt or corporate bankruptcies is a plus
- Experience with real-time news
- Ability to edit quickly and clearly under tight deadline pressure
- Ability to tackle complex topics and translate them for a broader audience
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, go here.