Bloomberg seeks a digital news editor in London
Bloomberg is looking for a news editor to join its busy digital hub in London. This is a vital role at the heart of a team that manages breaking news, homepages, mobile apps and social media for Bloomberg’s growing audiences across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
We’re looking for an experienced, business-literate digital journalist who can spot big stories and knows how to play them across all platforms. Our news editors write headlines and push notifications that stand out from the pack. They curate homepages and run social accounts that showcase the best of Bloomberg journalism. And they work with colleagues around the newsroom to shape stories for maximum impact on all our platforms.
News editors are unflappable in the face of fast-breaking news, poised under pressure, and committed to accuracy. They are also collaborators, working alongside large reporting teams to build the web’s best business news destination.
We’ll trust you to:
* Monitor news feeds and social media for breaking news
* Publish and promote the most important stories of the day on our homepages and mobile app
* Use mobile push alerts to engage, nurture and grow our audiences
* Work with social media editors to ensure our stories have wide appeal
* Use digital analytics tools to measure our impact and improve our output
* Develop an SEO strategy to grow search traffic in EMEA
* Coordinate with digital and newsroom editorial teams around EMEA, the U.S. and in Asia.
You’ll need to have:
* A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* A strong understanding of the tools, trends, platforms on digital media
* Experience with mobile and social platforms
* Background in journalism, preferably with business and financial news
* Ability to work gracefully under pressure
If this sounds like you:Apply! We’ll be in touch with next steps if you’re a fit.
To apply, go here.