Bloomberg News is the one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from intraday coverage through in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It’s what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are seeking an experienced data visualization journalist who thinks creatively about visual storytelling and possesses the technical skills to implement their ideas. The Bloomberg News Graphics Team is a group of about 25 journalists in New York, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Taipei, Hong Kong, Singapore and London. We break news and pursue stories of consequence — and we recognize that the more diverse our experiences, interests and areas of expertise, the better we’re able to do that.
Our team is highly collaborative and we value people who are motivated to work with others and pitch in when news breaks. You don’t have to be an expert at everything, but you should have a skillset that enables you to tell creative and bold visual stories. We welcome experience with mapping, 3D, motion graphics, illustration, or any creative technology that helps us explore innovative narrative forms. You should be passionate about reporting on issues of significance to readers in Asia and around the world.
We’ll trust you to:
- Rely on your exceptional curiosity, technical prowess and design sensibilities to pitch your own graphics-driven stories
- Collaborate with the wider newsroom on a variety of projects—from breaking news to months-long investigations
- Develop and produce original and compelling data visualizations and maps, across platforms and devices
You’ll need to have:
- Atleast 3 years of professional experience in a role that produces data visualizations
- Advanced data skills, e.g. the ability to collect, manage, munge, explore, analyze and model data from various sources and formats using methods including but not limited to R and Python for this process
- Visual design skills with solid understanding of layout, typography and user experience
- Familiarity with design software such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Fluency in written and verbal English communication
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organization
To apply, go here.