Bloomberg seeks a commodities reporter in Brazil
Bloomberg News is looking for an experienced and energetic reporter to cover crucial suppliers of raw materials — including Vale, the world’s biggest iron ore supplier, and Petrobras, Brazil’s state-run oil giant. You will shape coverage across Bloomberg’s terminal, print, radio and television platforms and collaborate with journalists across Brazil, elsewhere in Latin America and around the world.
The successful candidate will be well sourced, competitive and capable of explaining the significance of our coverage in Brazil to the world.
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop a strong network of sources that you will leverage daily to give our readers a sense of what’s happening in Brazil’s metals and energy markets and industries.
- Deliver the details that our expert Bloomberg clients care about and the bigger picture that our broader readership has come to expect.
- Have the energy and drive to turn smart, insightful ideas into stories that appeal to a worldwide audience.
- Collaborate closely with colleagues on the team, across other teams and around the globe.
- Be up to date on major news stories and trends that matter to financial and business clients.
- Write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure.
You need to have:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in both Portuguese and English.
- Experience in reporting and writing stories in a real-time, breaking news environment.
- Knowledge of the Brazilian economy, politics, financial markets and business.
- Some energy or commodities markets and industry knowledge a plus.
To apply, go here.