Bloomberg News is one of the biggest financial and business news organizations in the world. We lead the way in breaking news and providing analysis on financial markets, from daily coverage through to in-depth features. We are known for our quality, accuracy and ability to deliver news investors can use. It’s what keeps us inventing and re-inventing, all the time.
We are looking for a China stocks reporter to join the team in Hong Kong and build our coverage of one of the world’s largest and most important equity markets. From covering sweeping regulatory crackdowns on private enterprise to investigating China’s potential reopening, this reporter will need to understand all of the forces and nuances that can impact markets.
You are able to break news, develop deep market sources to produce real-time reports on stock moves and analyze key corporate results for traders while keeping abreast of the latest market trends and regulatory changes. The ideal candidate will be someone who can excel at the day-to-day coverage of the market as well as write longer-form features and enterprise stories by speaking to the most influential investors locally and abroad.
We’ll trust you to:
- Break news and write insightful stories analyzing market trends on deadline
- Build and tap into a source base across the industry from traders to money managers
- Monitor stock and index moves and explain reasons behind those moves to our readers
- Mine the Bloomberg terminal for smart, data-driven stories
- Collaborate closely with colleagues on the Equities Team globally and others throughout News, including digital platforms.
- Report with speed and accuracy
- Be innovative and creative in writing and formatting stories
You need to have:
- At least 3 years of financial journalism or markets experience
- Previous experience in a real-time breaking news environment
- Proven ability to make and build sources in financial markets
- A track record of team work and collaboration
- The ability to write quickly, concisely and accurately under tight deadline pressure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluency in both written and spoken English
- Demonstrated continuous career growth within an organisation
- Proficiency in Cantonese or Mandarin is not mandatory but highly preferred
To apply, go here.