Bloomberg Opinion is looking for a talented writer ready to cover the technology industry with insight, flair and authority.
We are seeking an independent and quick-thinking columnist who will play a leading role shaping our global audience’s understanding of the biggest trends, most important companies and most influential leaders in U.S. tech. Coverage would include innovation, corporate strategy and performance, policy battles, privacy issues, the uses and abuses of Silicon Valley’s power, workplace equity and diversity, national security and the myriad ways technology is reshaping society. The columnist would be deeply interested in the culture, creativity, challenges and finances of the tech world. There will be opportunities to collaborate with writers covering tech globally and through different lenses. This is also an opportunity for an imaginative columnist to help us shape the contours of his or her dream job, and the interview process will be geared toward deciding what, exactly, that is.
WE’LL TRUST YOU TO:
- Write insightful Opinion pieces with an authoritative and engaging voice, including commentary on breaking news as well as deeper dives into specific issues.
- Use data, when appropriate, to illustrate important trends.
- Speculate about future developments, including unfolding trends involving innovation, strategy, privacy, power, diversity, security and policy.
YOU’LL NEED TO HAVE:
- Passion and curiosity about all aspects of tech and the worlds it inhabits.
- An interest in explaining complicated issues in graceful, accessible prose.
- Abundant perspective, opinions grounded in facts, a willingness to take a stand and the desire to make every column a must-read for a discerning audience.
To apply, go here.