Bloomberg News is seeking a graphics journalist in New York who specializes in data visualization and creative storytelling. You’ll join the Bloomberg Graphics Team, a group of about 25 journalists working from news bureaus around the world.
Our team is highly collaborative and we value people who are motivated to work with others and pitch in when needed. We break news and pursue stories of consequence, and we recognize that the more diverse our experiences, interests and areas of expertise, the better we’re able to do that. We welcome applicants with specialized skills — cartography, 3D, motion graphics, illustration or anything else that enables you to publish innovative visualizations and maps.
We’d like you to:
- Possess a passion for news across Bloomberg’s core coverage areas, including business, finance, markets, economics, climate, technology, and politics and government
- Enjoy reporting, developing and creating smart, accurate and timely data visualizations — even on tight deadlines — in response to news
- Collaborate with other members of the Graphics team, as well as the wider newsroom, on a variety of projects — from breaking news to months-long investigations
- Rely on your exceptional curiosity, design sensibilities and technical prowess to pitch your own graphics-driven stories
- You’ll need:
- Strong visual design skills and extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite and mapping tools, including QGIS
- Experience in data reporting, e.g. the ability to collect, manage, munge, explore and analyze data from various sources and formats. Storytelling and writing skills are a plus
To apply, go here.