Bloomberg News seeks tech reporter in New York
Bloomberg News is one of the biggest and most influential news organizations in the world. Our Global Technology team leads the way in breaking news about the companies that are changing the world and the people who run them. We’re seeking a talented, aggressive and creative reporter to cover technology on the East Coast, from the thrum of early-morning breaking news to deeper, longer-term stories and projects covering technology themes that span geographies and industries.
Who we’re looking for:
You’re an experienced, agile reporter with a deep knowledge of the technology industry and its most important companies, products and trends. You have an eye for the stories no one else is telling on a broadly defined beat, and you’re versatile enough to write for a variety of platforms, including the web, Bloomberg terminal and Bloomberg Businessweek magazine. You are also able to react quickly and write clearly and crisply on the most pressing breaking news of the day, be it the release of a new product, a plummeting or soaring stock, a management overhaul or a transformative acquisition. You’re the type of reporter who has a knack for finding scoops and quickly coming up with original ideas and smart analysis on that news to keep our readers a step ahead of the market. You feel equally comfortable writing quick-turnaround stories that will serve our everyday customers as you do carefully researching and crafting complex, long-form narratives that bring new ideas to light and have a strong and lasting impact.
We’ll trust you to:- Cover breaking news with speed and accuracy
- Write original, feature-length stories about the companies and culture at the center of the technology industry, and the forces that are reshaping the industry and disrupting the companies and people in power
- Lean on existing sources and develop new ones to generate intelligent, impactful news
- Collaborate with reporters and editors on the Global Technology team and others across teams and regions
- Be committed to the best journalistic practices, sound judgment and a willingness to learn
You’ll need to have:- Minimum of three years of business and financial journalism experience
- Strong knowledge of and interest in the global technology industry
- A solid track record of breaking news and a portfolio of long-form investigative features
- Experience working in a real-time news environment
- The ability to write quickly and concisely under deadline pressure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
To apply, go here.