Bloomberg News seeks an FX/rates reporter
There’s no better place for investors to express their views about the vagaries of central bank policies, global politics and the changing economic landscape than the world’s biggest bond and currency markets. As nations and companies grapple with a variety of threats and opportunities in a post-Covid environment, debt and FX will be a major focus for investors, while America’s $28 trillion Treasury market is at the forefront of shifting monetary and fiscal policy priorities.
If you can provide insight and build sophisticated stories that decipher what’s really going on in markets and delve into what major investors are doing, then you might be the perfect fit to join our FX/rates team in New York. The right candidate is someone who can tap into a deep network of sources to understand what’s going on at any moment and provide actionable intelligence and understanding for readers. They should also be able to place those ideas into a wider context and work within a team to tell the biggest markets stories in a way that is accessible, exciting and useful for a professional audience.
We’ll rely on you to:
- Generate and craft concise, on-the-spot stories, capturing the elements of both “what’s happening” and “what it means,” as well as longer analytical pieces that draw on the wider investment landscape as well as developments in fiscal and monetary policy, the economy and politics
- Tap into a broad network of investors, traders and other market participants to seek reaction to breaking news and build deeper stories that explain market activity or analyze trends
- Identify and interpret broader trends in currencies and sovereign bonds, drawing upon expertise from across the market and the Bloomberg newsroom to help generate bigger thematic stories
You’ll need to have:
- Very strong writing skills, the ability to generate story ideas and a knack for distilling complex subjects into vibrant and approachable stories
- Knowledge of rates and FX and/or experience reporting on markets in general
- The ability to tap into a wide variety of contacts, ranging from some of the world’s biggest investors and traders to government officials and policy makers
- An ability to discern actionable, market-relevant information from breaking news
- Charting skills and a knowledge of Bloomberg functions are desirable
If this sounds like you, apply today! We’re eager to speak with you.
To apply, go here.