Bloomberg Media seeks senior editor
Bloomberg Media is looking for a news and info junky to join the editorial team at its flagship online publication as the Senior Editor, News.
The role of senior editor at Bloomberg Digital is a uniquely modern position that requires speed, technical know-how, and the ability to spot and assign stories.
The senior editor will lead a breaking news team that must be poised under pressure, committed to accuracy, and competitive with the fastest web-based news sources. News editors are responsible for breaking news selection and assignments.
They work directly with reporters in the Bloomberg Digital newsroom to quickly identify and assign stories in real-time. They must have a facility for writing excellent headlines.
Fluency with social media and modern news gather tools is a must, as news editors must work natively in a digital environment, spotting stories, trends, and patterns. Skillful collaboration is also important. News editors work alongside large teams to create the most cogent, authoritative destination for business news on the web.
The ideal candidate has at least two years of experience managing a small to mid-size digital news team and at least four years of experience working on a web native team. Experience with and a passion for global business news is a plus.
– Monitor news feeds and social media for breaking news
– Manage a team of news editors who assign quick-twitch / short-lead news hits to writers and see them through from assignment to publication
– Work with social media editors to effectively share stories with the world
– Identify developing or breaking news that warrants deeper reporting and collaborate with reports editors to see coverage through
– Coordinate with front-page editors on curation of home page and sub pages
– Collaborate with Bloomberg News editors and reporters on developing stories and daily news
To apply, go here.