Bloomberg Media seeks reports editor in New York
Bloomberg Media is looking for reports editors to join the editorial team at its flagship online publication.
Sharp news sense is essential, as reports editors must be able to quickly and consistently identify stories and topics ripe for investigation, whether they evolve out of breaking news or come directly from writers. Fluency with news gathering technology and social media is also required, as reports editors must work natively on the web, quickly spotting trends, patterns, and stories that warrant further attention.
The ideal candidate for this role possesses a talent for collaborating across multiple teams. From the moment a story is pitched and assigned, reports editors will often also collaborate with the video and graphics teams to create robust experiences for readers.
This role requires at least two years of experience as an editor, preferably in a modern, digital newsroom. Enthusiasm and aptitude for collaboration also important.
- Assign, pitch, and develop stories
- Create and manage editorial calendars alongside senior editors
- Manage schedules and workflows for reporters
- Work with social media editors and communication teams on social publishing and promotion
- Collaborate with Bloomberg News editors on developing stories and daily news as appropriate
To apply, go here.