Bloomberg Media seeks news editor in New York
Bloomberg Media is looking for news editors to join the editorial team at its flagship online publication. The role of news editor at Bloomberg Digital is a uniquely modern position that requires tenacity, speed, technical know-how, and a daily passion for news. News editors are unflappable in the face of fast-breaking news, poised under pressure, and committed to accuracy.
News editors are responsible for breaking news selection and assignments. They work directly with reporters in the Bloomberg Digital newsroom to quickly identify and assign stories in real-time. A high degree of fluency with news gathering technology and social media is a must, as news editors must work natively in a digital environment, spotting stories, trends, and patterns.
Skillful collaboration is also important. Under the leadership of senior editors, news editors work alongside large teams to create the most cogent, authoritative destination for business news on the web.
- Monitor news feeds and social media for breaking news
- Assign quick-twitch / short-lead news hits to writers and see them through from assignment to publication
- Work with social media editors to effectively share stories with the world
- Identify developing or breaking news that warrants deeper reporting and collaborate with reports editors to see coverage through
- Coordinate with front-page editors on curation of home page and sub pages
- Collaborate with Bloomberg News editors and reporters on developing stories and daily news
To apply, go here.