Bloomberg Law is looking for a top-level reporter who can cover one of the most important environmental beats out there: the air we breathe. From the Clean Air Act to efforts in the states to the agencies and people who drive the news, the air reporter will break news and uncover stories about regulation, litigation, and everything in between. The right candidate will have a track record of translating bureaucratese into plain English, turning complex issues into compelling narratives, and explaining the big picture for a targeted audience.
- Mastery of reporting and writing skills required to product news stories and features with minimal editing under deadline.
- Mastery of journalism principles and techniques.
- Proven ability to develop and cover a beat, including developing sources, developing story ideas, and conducting interviews.
- Knowledge in depth of federal and state legislative, regulatory, and judicial processes.
- Ability to attend outside meetings, hearings, news events, etc., and to report on them clearly and accurately for deadline.
- Ability to serve as subject area expert and resource for others covering same or related beat(s).
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to use Bloomberg Industry Group publishing tools and other technology effectively with Bloomberg Industry Group training.
- Excellent proofreading skills.
Bachelor’s degree with coursework in English or journalism preferred.
A minimum of 4 years’ experience in journalism, including at least one year reporting on subject areas covered by assigned publications.
To apply, go here.